Yesterday I made a Scottish-themed Thanksgiving dinner for Craig and Mom, and — thankfully! — they both really enjoyed it.
- a cocktail called an Algonquin, made by Craig
- root vegetable soup from the farmers’ market, with oatcakes
- haggis with dried cranberries and a whisky cream sauce
- tatties (potato croquettes)
- turnip (I haven’t figured out how to make turnip any fancier without making it weird and wrecking it, so that was just with olive oil and pepper)
- steamed kale with garlic and not-butter
- for dessert, cranachan — Silk brand whipped cream with layers of raspberries muddled with maple syrup and oats sprinkled on top
Several of these recipes came from a zine called Well Tidy Scran from Microcosm Publishing.
I’m a lousy photographer, full-stop, but it gets worse when there’s food involved, but here’s the visual record anyway:
Thanksgiving for the win!
I am not doing another dinner for everybody again on Monday!
After twelve days, we got out power back!